Our MissionTo enrich the lives of adults living with developmental and/or physical challenges, by providing opportunities to succeed.
VisionHarmony In Action is and continues to be a recognized agency that maximizes the growth and potential of each individual, along with his/her integration into the community.
What is Harmony In Action?Harmony In Action is a non-profit, incorporated, registered charity that:
- Provides a Day Program, Monday-Friday at 3335 Woodward Blvd., Windsor, Ontario
- Offers weekly and monthly recreational and social activities
- Offers a Recreational Extended Hours Program (Monday - Friday)( 3p.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
- Strives to meet the needs of individuals with physical and/or developmental disabilities
- Believes that individuals with physical and/or developmental disabilities have as much right as others to meaningful experiences that develop their self-worth, the talents they possess and their sense of social acceptance
- Harmony welcomes community volunteers
What we do?Our staff and volunteers work with all individuals who come to Harmony programs to maintain and/or increase skills, and to encourage personal development. We focus on developing activities that generate feeling of accomplishment, self-worth and acceptance-qualities that contribute to a satisfying, well-rounded, and well-lived life.
Our PrinciplesHarmony In Action's activities are based on the following principles:
- Offering clients an atmosphere that fosters friendships, respect and dignity
- Treating each client as an adult
- Fostering in each client the development of a sense of self worth and personal growth that can be carried into other areas of living
- Assuring the constant presence of consistently caring staff and volunteers